SAN FRANCISCO, February 1, 2022 — The SCSI Trade Association (STA), a globally recognized authority on Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology used in data storage, today announced its 2022 Board of Directors, comprised of four officers and two directors-at-large. These seasoned storage industry veterans are charged with developing strategic marketing programs that support the work of the INCITS T10 Technical Committee and are committed to educating the industry on the value of SAS in the marketplace.
“The past year has demonstrated the industry is coalescing around the 24G SAS storage protocol and is supporting its fully developed ecosystem,” said Cameron T. Brett, president, SCSI Trade Association, and senior director of Enterprise Marketing at KIOXIA America, Inc. “We continually hear from OEMs, system designers, enterprise storage users and the IT community at-large that they continue to choose SAS because it is proven and simply works.”
Demonstrating the strength of the organization’s leadership team, the entire 2021 Board of Directors was re-elected for the 2022 term:
- President: Cameron T. Brett, Senior Director of Cloud and Enterprise Marketing at KIOXIA America, Inc.
- Vice President: Jeremiah Tussey, Alliances Manager, Product Marketing, Data Center Solutions, Microchip Technology Inc.
- Secretary: Alexandra Haser, Senior Industry Standards Engineer, Molex
- Treasurer: David Einhorn, Business Development Manager, North America, Amphenol Corp.
- Rick Kutcipal, Market Segment Lead, RAID, Storage Division, Broadcom Inc.
- Mike Miller, Executive Director, Advanced Development, Seagate Technology PLC
- David So, SCSI Trade Association, Executive Director
“The simple truth is that SAS will continue to be a major force throughout the long-term forecast,” said Don Jeanette, vice president, TRENDFOCUS. “Nearline hard disk drives are by far the bulk of the forecast with sustained massive growth, but solid state drives, including SATA and SAS will continue to be a major factor for the multiple markets that move forward with the proven technology that has stood the test of time for years and years.”
To learn more on how SAS continues to deliver on high performance, high reliability, scalability, flexibility, and manageability, watch free STA webcasts and other educational videos on the organization’s YouTube channel here.